- 2 medium lemons, halved crosswise, seeds removed, and cut into paper-thin slices (9 oz)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp superfine sugar
- 8 sage leaves, finely shredded
- 2 2/3 cups baby tomatoes, yellow or red or a mixture of both, halved
- scant ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Seeds of 1 small pomegranate (2/3 cup)
- 1½ tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- Salt and black pepper
Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, add the lemon slices, and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain well, place the lemon in a bowl, and add 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, the sugar, and the sage. Gently mix and then spread the lemon mixture out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until the lemons have dried out a little. Remove and set aside to cool.
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, allspice, parsley, mint, pomegranate seeds, pomegranate molasses, onion, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and some freshly ground pepper. Add the lemon slices, stir gently, and serve.
Mixed salad with citrus
- Homegrown lettuce
- Homemade sundried tomatoes
- Roasted cashew nuts
- Roasted sesame seeds
- Chopped tomatoes
- Cucumber chopped
- Homemade pickled onions
- Selection of fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, etc)
Toss everything together and serve with a homemade balsamic, olive oil and herb salad dressing.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Chopped up fresh herbs