SERIAN’S SERENGETI LAMAI
What does it take to find the perfect tree house? We looked all over the private Pusinkariak area we call home. Located on the western side of the Mara River and only open to access by foot – thick with trees, valleys, rocks – we kept circling back to one particular spot: fifty metres from the water looking along a stretch that is filled by a raucous pod of hippo. A line of Warburgia stretches along a little draw, and a single tree at the end shows scars: a scratching post for a resident male leopard. The salt lick luring the impala leads to a hippo funnel and their small sandy beach.
Our tree house, ‘The Nest’, is perched out on a limb in a lone Warburgia tree overlooking the Mara River. A mere meander away from Serian, it’s the perfect picnic spot after a trek through the bushes, and doubles as a romantic overnight tryst for two: think soup under the stars to the sounds of harrumphing hippo…
With two double nest-shaped beds, plus space for a couple more bedrolls, it can work either as an intrepid sleepover for the adventurer wanting to engage their senses, or a means for a family to realise that inner-child dream of living in a tree-house… This special little spot will add an extra element to a stay at Serian or Ngare Serian.
[tabby title=”What we do”]
Set in our own 1,500 acres of exclusive conservation area sharing a border with the private Mara North Conservancy, there is space and freedom to roam and explore as you wish. We’ve also installed night-vision cameras so you can monitor what happens after dark – perhaps a leopard on the lookout, or a hyena loping along… The night awakens a whole new world of animal interplay.
[tabby title=”Top Tips”]
See the stars. The nocturnal element of safari often gets forgotten, but you’ll see the clearest skies of your life in the bush: go on a night drive, cut the engine, switch off the lights, and marvel at the infinite glittering heavens.
Pack a pair of binoculars before you pack anything else. They will greatly enhance your game-viewing experience. Quality counts with optics.
MINS AT A TIME SPENT SLEEPING
MONTH GESTATION PERIOD
ACRES OF PRIVATE WALKING AREA
FT IN THE AIR
MINS A HIPPO CAN REMAIN SUBMERGED
Serengeti National Park
- Preferred airstrip: Lamai
- S 01° 30’ 12.50”
- E 034° 50’ 46.95”
OPEN 15th JUNE TO 15th NOVEMBER.
- Set in the Serengeti National Park, a mere kilometre from the Mara River above Crossing Point 4.
- 6 comfortable and intimate tents set among Acacias.
- Each has an en-suite bathroom with a flushing toilet and bucket shower.
- 24hr electricity powered by generator.
- 1.8 million wildebeest crossing back and forth over the Mara River, in search of grazing.
- The intimacy of this little camp makes it perfect for families or privately guided groups, and can be booked on exclusive basis for those that wish.
- Hosted dining en famille in our cosy mess tent.
- Offers unparalleled access to the Great Migration’s river crossings, and additionally to the stunning Lamai Wedge and Wogakuria Kopjes.
- Incredible spot for adventures on foot and flycamping.
- Factor in a minimum of 4 nights to take in all that the Northern Serengeti has to offer.
- Exclusive use of 4WD Safari vehicle and dedicated guide and spotter.
- No Wi-Fi available.
For more information and availability please click here.